Rejoice in every sinew, every bone, every shred of being
Buoyant of soul and breath borne body, limbs that dance, and lips that sing
You are no fragmentary material “thing”
Kundalini yoga & meditation offers a holistic and integrated approach to health & healing.
Adult Classes include:
A Yoga Set
All colours of the rainbow are contained within the colour white.
It recommended to wear white clothing of natural fibers when attending class, if possible.
The practical applications of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation extend beyond the realms of fitness to encompass all levels of our being, physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual. The efficacy of this technology has been demonstrated through a growing body of research on the power of activating our inner healing capacities – prominent Yogi-Doctors include Sat Bir SIngh of Harvard University and Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa, Director and President of the Alzheimers Prevention Foundation in America. Offering cutting edge “medical meditation” techniques, research has shown the powerful healing and profound transformative potential that resides within all of us. This healing power can be activated through regular practice of Kundalini Yoga & Meditation.
The technology of Kundalini Yoga & Meditation offers a way to systematically upgrade our capacities to self-regulate, deepen our inner connection to our essence and intuition and strengthen our resilience in the face of uncertainty. On a physiological level, the exercises and breathing techniques, use of mantra, mudra, sound and mental focus – works to stimulate higher levels of health and well-being.
In creating a habit of deep stillness and cultivating self-awarenss, this yogic tradition acknowledges the importance of creating a space in our lives for prayer and to connect with our Higher Selves / God / The Divine.
I have had the pleasure to study and learn with many teachers over the years, gaining additional training to deliver a therapeutic Yoga programme for PTSD & Radiant Child Yoga. I have taught yoga for seniors, teens, adults & children in schools and through the Irish language.
Creating Space to Practice:
– When classes are taught via zoom –
- Create a safe space where you will not be disturbed for the duration of class
- Turn off your phone to ensure you will not be distracted
- Allow a few minutes if you can to tidy and prepare your environment if possible
- During relaxation it is helpful to dim the lights or close your curtains to allow you to deeply relax
- Lighting a candle at home can help to create a peaceful meditative atmosphere for your practice
- Take some time ahead of class to check in with yourself
- Taking a few minutes ahead of class to do some journaing. This can be an opportunity to reflect and bring to awareness any worries or challenges that you are dealing with in life – so that you can bring your intentions for healing to your yoga practice.
Things to bring to class:
• Please have a cosy blanket
• Fresh clean water to drink
• Yoga mat
• A sheepskin brings additional comfort when meditating
• A scarf can be useful for stretches
• Cushions to use as props if needed
Cad é an Yoga ?
Reflecting on Yoga as Gaeilge
A short clip with subtitles, where I speak in Irish about yoga.